- Name: The name of the association shall be East Midlands Airport. Aeropark Volunteers Association, hereinafter referred to as “The Association”
- Objectives: To advance the knowledge and education of the public in the History of Aviation by the establishment of a permanent museum for the preservation of aircraft, aircraft parts and associated ground equipment of historical interest.
- Membership: Individual membership of the association shall be open to any person over 16 years with an interest in aviation and aircraft preservation. There shall be in addition family membership, which would comprise of up to 2 adults and children under 16 years of age, all residing at the same address. Anyone who is of state pension age, in line with the current Government guidelines, shall be classed as a senior member. Members under 16 years of age will not be permitted to work on upper surfaces of aircraft. All new members wishing to help out at the aeropark , will be inducted by a member of the committee and will adhere to the rules of the constitution. Membership during the first year will be provisional. Provisional members will have no voting rights. Each member shall contribute an annual sum (membership fee). This is to be decided by the association and reviewed annually. Membership will be withdrawn if any member does not renew 1month after the renewal date, after receiving a reminder.
- Termination of membership: The association shall have the right to terminate or to refuse renewal of the membership of any member whose activities are deemed to be contrary to the aims and objectives of the association. Provided that the member involved shall have the right to be heard by the committee before any decision is reached.
- Voting: Each individual member shall be entitled to one vote. Decisions of the association shall be determined by a simple majority of the voters present. In the event of a tie, the chairman of the meeting shall have the power of the second or casting vote. Family membership with 2 adult members will be given 2 votes if 2 adults are present at the meeting. Voting by proxy will not be allowed.
- Officers: The association shall elect the following officers who shall be members of the association: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Membership Secretary, Treasurer and Public Relations. The committee shall have the power to appoint additional officers as and when required. Officers and committee members shall be appointed at the Annual General Meeting and shall be elected to serve for 3 years, after which they shall be eligible for re-election.
- President and Vice President: The association will have the power to appoint a President and Vice President(s) as and when this is deemed to be desirable.
- Committee: The affairs of the association shall be managed by a committee consisting of the officers and not more than 6 members. The committee shall have the power to co-opt additional members provided that the number co-opted shall not exceed one third of the total committee and to appoint such sub-committees as are considered necessary who shall make available full reports of their activities back to the committee. Health & Safety will be an appointed job as agreed by the committee and E.M.A. authority. The committee shall meet as required and the quorum at such meetings shall be five.
- Liability: The association and its officers or individual members of the association shall not be in any way liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by any person or property incurred as a direct or indirect result of the activities of the association.
- Annual General Meeting: The Annual General Meeting shall be held as soon as possible after 31st March each year and in any case within 3 months of that date. Postings will be given on the A.V.A site giving 21 days’ notice to all members before the A.G.M. and information in the post. Business to be included at the meeting shall be the Chairman’s Report, The Annual Audited Statement of Accounts, The Appointment of Officers and Committee and any other business of which the secretary has been given at least 10 days’ notice in writing. The Chairman, Vice Chairman, Membership Secretary or Treasurer shall call an emergency meeting of the association at the written request of three members or by his/her decision only if the request is valid. A minimum of 14 days written notice of such a meeting shall be given to each member. A quorum at General Meetings shall be eleven.
- Finance: Funds, additional to membership subscriptions, may be raised by any legal means which the association deems desirable. The association shall appoint a bank to hold its funds and all outgoing cheques must be signed by two out of four named signatories. The treasurer shall keep and have available books showing the state of the account at any time. Monies received by the association may be invested as and when the association shall direct. The income from the investments and other sources shall be used solely for, and on behalf of, the association in whatever manner in support of its aims and objectives as set out in the constitution. No member shall have any claim to any funds or assets of the association, except for
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses incurred on behalf of the association and then only with the approval of the treasurer and at least two officers.
- Share issued by the association for purchase of aircraft and subject to the relevant share agreement.
- For items of equipment obtained by members who have
expressly wished to retain ownership and for whom an agreement has been
drawn up by the association.
Any member obtaining parts or materials by virtue of his/her membership of the association will be deemed to have obtained such goods on behalf of the association and such items will become property of the association.
- Amendment to the constitution: Amendments may be made to the constitution by a majority of two thirds of the members present and voting at a meeting for that purpose.
- Honorary Membership: Honorary membership of the association shall be awarded to any member, by the committee, who has achieved outstanding commitment, to the A.V.A.
- Dissolution: The association may be dissolved by a majority of two thirds of the members present and voting at a meeting called for that purpose. Any assets remaining after the payment of all debts and liabilities shall not be paid or distributed amongst the members but shall be transferred to an organisation or organisations having similar objectives to the association as the committee may decide.
- Membership Fees: See appendix A
- Approval for payments:
- Up to £250 – Any officer and Chairman
- £250 to £1000 – Chairman, Treasurer and 1 Officer
- £1000 and above – Committee quorum of 5
- Money raised at the gate will be allocated by a minimum of 5 committee members plus agreement by the Airport authority.
- Membership Fees: From 01/04/2011 (per annum)
Single adult membership, 16 yrs &
Family membership £17.00
Senior membership £7.00
Senior joint membership £10.00
To download a copy of the constitution please click Here